80 10 10 Sample Diet


**Update July 2016: I no longer eat this much fruit or raw food. You can still read the blog post if you want to. -WD

Coasting: A Dubious Bike Ride from Washington to California Kindle Edition


I am in week three of fiddling with a fruit-based diet. The 80 10 10 Diet by Dr. Douglas Graham is a raw food version of a low fat plant based diet. The above graph shows the macronutrient breakdown for the day.

2,727calories

Carbs 87%, Protein 6%, Fat 7%

Today I had melon, dates, mangos, salad, hummus (not raw), a few gluten free pretzels (not raw) celery, coffee.... The difficult part - keeping track -  is actually quite easy using Fitday.com or Livestrong.com - (you need to do this if you want to succeed)... 

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT I ATE TODAY:

My zinc, calcium and selenium are low. I think eating more bananas and dates will fix this.  (Calcium deficiency is impossible by Durian Rider) 


CHECK OUT THIS GRAPH! The y-axis is %RDA

Vitamins A, C, Iron, Fiber are through the roof. I am not sure why the RDA carb requirement is so low. I eat a ton of carbs and I am not fat.

B12 and Vit D  are zero for the day. Some vegans take B12 shots, some think it is found on the skins of vegetables & fruits as well as produced by bacteria in the gut (B12 for vegans). Vitamin D comes from the sun they say - I need to do more research before I spout about this. 

 I took a nap for an hour today and drank much less coffee than usual... I will do a post on that in particular. (I think fruit may be the key to reducing coffee consumption...in a nutshell.) 

I feel great eating this way. . I fart much less than I used to (also a post for another time) and sleep much better. 

What do you think about all this?

Comments

Popular Posts